Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Fix - Xolo (6/30/2012)

By Christy Hess


Volunteering at Colorado Puppy Rescue reminds me of the saying from Pawn Stars: "You never know what's going to come through those doors." (P.S. If you have never watched Pawn Stars on the History Channel, you are missing out.)

We have had a number of unusual breeds come through the doors over the years, but this week is a definite first for me. This week we got in Mexican Hairless (aka Xoloitzcuintle (Xolo))/Dachshund mixes.

As I am vacuuming the house (multiple times a day) and cleaning out dog hair from the dryer vent by the handfuls, it make me ponder the advantages to owning a hairless dog. These pups are hypoallergenic and you would never need to own a furminator. Unlike many hypoallergenic dogs, these will not have to be taken to the groomer every month either. Huge money savings there!

They will be the talk of the dog park, but if you take them out in the sun I would advise stocking up on the doggy sunscreen.


Photos of 477 (Black/Grey)










Photos of 478 (Red)












Overall these are pretty cool dogs. These two babies are up for adoption on June 30th. Come early!!!! See our website www.coloradopuppy.org for all of the details.

I am thinking of shaving Sammie - make my very own hairless mixed mutt.



What do you think?


What is the most interesting breed that you have seen?

1 comment:

  1. I adopted the red hair xolo dachshund we named him skinny. He is awesome, he's still a little shy. But he warms up nicely. I've taught him a bunch of tricks including surfboarding.. not with real waves of course. I will send more info & photos

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me - Please: