Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday Fix (5/10/2013) - Photos

By Christy Hess


Want to give a shout out to our adopters who have been sending us Alumni and Before and After photos! I have been working hard to keep our albums up to date. I love seeing these photos - please keep sending them!

Current Alumni and current Before and After albums.

Our photos are FABULOUS (thank you Jill, Regina, Rebecca and Kristen). Here are some that just  make you want to say awwwww!




My current project is to take our puppy photos to the next level. My goal is to make each puppy pop a little bit more than usual! My challenge is that I don't know when to stop. This week we worked until 11:00 at night - I really need to get faster or play less with the special effects!

So here is my attempt taking these photos to the next level. This first one is the photo we would normally post, the second one is my attempt to highlight the puppy.





























Want to hear a secret?

Which photo do you like better?

Your votes and comments would be greatly appreciated. Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Just to explain my votes -- I love your special effects with the photos! But as a potential adopter of one of these sweet babies, I want to see them exactly as they are -- color of coat and eyes, context in which the photo is taken, even whether they're lying on someone's foot or not. I hope that makes sense without hurting your feelings. -- Kathy Carpenter

    ReplyDelete
  2. While a few of the special effects help with the contrast, lighting, etc., many of them are a little too busy and, like the comment above, don't show the most of the puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the previous 2 comments. I like the effects on the 1st and 3rd pictures, but think the others are a little 'busy'. I like the style of photography of the pics with the old metal chair, the wagon wheel and the watering can best. I think the combination of adorable puppy with a cool object makes for a more personal picture.
    Jessica--Rascal(Munch) and Bear's mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the effects are great as mementos, or artwork gifts to take home. They really are beautiful! But in terms of putting over the pups-I agree that simpler is better in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So....When if someone looks at PetFinder or Adopt-a-pet, with a sea of dog photos, would the photos in this blog make them check it out? Two to three more photos are associated with the puppy, does it make people want to click?

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way - I love, love, love the comments and getting your perspective. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me - Please: