Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Fix (10/5/2012) - Chet

By Christy Hess

I woke up to snow on the ground today. Seems like we went straight from a super hot summer right into winter. Which is sad, because fall is my favorite time of year when I really like sitting on the back patio enjoying a good book.

If you are looking for a good book (series) I would highly recommend the Chet and Bernie Mystery series by Spencer Quinn. This is a very light, mysteries written from Chet's point of view.

A little background from the book from the Neff Review website:

Bernie Little is founder and part-owner (with his ex-wife) of the Little Detective Agency, and Chet is his partner. This confuses some of his potential clients, since Chet is a very large dog of indeterminate breed. Bernie always assures the dubious that Chet was top of his class at the police dog training school, though this is not, strictly speaking, accurate. Chet explains:
I'd done pretty well in K-9 school, up until the very last day. The only thing left had been the leaping test. And leaping is just about my very best thing. Then came some confusion. Was a cat involved? And blood? I ended up flunking out, but that was how Bernie and I got together, so it worked out great.
The first book in the series is "Dog On It" by Spencer Quinn, I highly recommend snuggling up by the fireplace and enjoying:


As always on Friday, wanted to share some of our photos of mix breed (pure love) puppies. Here are just a few of the puppies we have for this week. Thank you Jill and Kristin for the great photos.








Happy, happy Friday!

1 comment:

Talk to Me - Please: